Sunday, April 4, 2010

Wedding - Diana and Scott

You'll be happy to know that not once on his wedding day did I call Scott the wrong name (remember this?). Not once! All the way there in the car I kept repeating 'scott, scott, scott' so that by the time I got there I couldn't even remember the name I had accidently called him.

Diana and Scott were married up in Echuca, such a beautiful part of the world. I was honoured to be asked to go all the way up there for their wedding. Plus I got to stop in on friends in Shepparton on the way through, so a double plus for me.

Their wedding was all things elegant, and classic, and poised. Basically all the things I'm not. Perhaps that's why I was in awe all day. I was looking for tips of how to pull off 'elegant'.











Camera envy.



Scott was suave, so suave. So ready to marry his love.









The photo on the left is one of my all time favourite photos. Just look at Scott's face. He's watching Diana come down the aisle. You can see his eyes getting glassy. That expression just says it all. It's what a wedding is all about.









Diana really designed her wedding well. There were small touches which really took it to the next level. One of my favourites was the environmentally friendly confetti. Brilliant!





After the ceremony the bridal party and I wandered along the old time warf in Echuca. I used to go there on school excursians and always thought it really boring. I was in primary school, so that's to be expected. But visiting again now, I really loved it. The buildings were the perfect backdrop.





Scott's face in this photo cracks.me.up!







These two had me in stitches all day. Diana's sister and her friend Cazz were dynamite. They thought it they lifted up the ruffles on their dresses they resembled bat wings. Demonstrated here.



I can't believe I've forgotten to mention my FAVOURITE part of the day. No it wasn't her dress, or the vows, or even the cake. It was Diana's nickname. Since a child, Diana has been known as Poss. To this day, everyone calls her Poss. Everyone. It's the sweetest, warmest nickname. Everytime someone said it, it was like they were being extra loving towards her. 'Poss, can I get you a drink?' "Poss, you look beautiful.'' "I love you Poss."





I asked Diana if she wanted me to get those few bits of confetti out of her hair. 'Nah," she said. "They're part of the day." Exactly! Well played Diana.







Radcliffe's in Echuca is ah-mazing. Their function room is enveloped in a canopy of vines. I walked in their and promptly lost my breath. It really is something you need to see to believe.







Diana said to me later that their wedding really was the best day of her life. The gravity of having friends and family together in the one place to celebrate their marriage was not lost on her. "I'll cherish it forever," she said.



To see Diana and Scott's slideshow click HERE

* Meaghan

3 comments:

gemma higgins April 5, 2010 at 4:23 PM  

What a beautifully stunning wedding. GORGEOUS couple and the details from the reception, so elegant and fresh!
Stunning work as usual Meaghan!

gemma higgins April 5, 2010 at 4:26 PM  

p.s i like the new simple borders :)
I want to see your new kitchen ;)
enjoy spending time in it...

dani April 5, 2010 at 4:43 PM  

wow Meaghan...love these shots, you've captured so much fun, and love, and laughter! looks like a beautiful day....

SIGN UP!

Receive exclusive news, updates, camera and business tips
* indicates required

Blog Archive

Search The Journal

About Meaghan Cook Photography Boutique

For more lovliness view The Boutique website

For photo inquiries please contact meaghan@meaghancook.com. 

'Photography makes my eyes prickle, my fingers tingle, and my heart thump in my chest.' - Meaghan

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Distributed by Creative Artworkof Fractal Enlightenment

Back to TOP