Sunday, April 4, 2010

Return to normal (ish) programming

After a longer than expected hiatus, I'm back.

Our brand spanking new house is all built and we have moved in. I'm surprised by how much I love the house already. I thought it would be a little souless to start off with, without us having put our stamp on it. However it already feels like home. The house is light and oh so bright. The morning sun streams into the kitchen and bounces cheekily of the countertop. I love flinging open my bifold doors and letting the sea breeze lilt into our living room.

Miles and Ryan are as glad as I am to finally be settled in the one place. We are all enjoying stretching out in our new home. Ryan kept going the long way to his bedroom in the first few days though, because he would get lost going the other way. And often I would hear Miles' voice come from the depths of the house calling 'Mum, where did the toilet go?' They are both still convinced I'm going the wrong way when driving home from the beach, and yell at me from the back seat to turn around.

Ah, the joys of moving.



I've been busy busy working while I've been away from the blog. I've got a bevvy of wonderful weddings to show you all, some family shoots I went on, plus photos from our time in Portarlington. I've travelled up to Echuca and all the way down to Tasmania for weddings, plus plenty in the Geelong area. It's been a crazy few

Being internet free was, to be honest, wonderful. Just what I needed. My head buzzes enough on it's own, and adding the whirl of the internet really makes the noise in my head outrageously loud. At first I was jumpy, like someone giving up coffee. But then I relaxed, my mind calmed, I embraced the silence. I reconnected with my kids, my friends and myself. I've got a new view on how I'll approach the net from now on. Taking it in bite sized pieces rather than eating the whole pie.

I've missed you all, all your great comments and support. It's terrific to be back.

Blogger Templates

What I'm reading: The Year of Living Dangerously by Christopher Koch . In the move I found my long lost copy and am getting to read the final few chapters I'd missed out on by losing it.
What I'm listening to: Relistening to Drunken Trees by First Aid Kit

PS - I've decided to do away with the borders on my photos. Sure, they're lovely, but they take stinking forever to put all the photos into them. So they've been banished so I can spend less time on the computer and more time cooking in my new kitchen.

PPS - The photos of me were taken by Estelle while we were taking a break from shooting a wedding in Tasmania.

6 comments:

Little Pinwheel April 4, 2010 at 8:57 PM  

welcome back and I am loving the new look!

Loving how cheeky the images of you are too! I cannot wait to see what you have been up to in your images.
x

claire April 4, 2010 at 10:03 PM  

Love the photos of you!!! Cute as.
and yes, a break from the puter is a very good thing :)

sarah April 5, 2010 at 9:33 AM  

SO glad to have you back!

Anonymous April 5, 2010 at 8:33 PM  

Oh I have been lost without you gorgeous girl. Congratulations on the new home, thats such a wonderful thing for you all to share. Cant wait to see more of your shots come flowing back on to my screen every few days.
bxx

bianca April 5, 2010 at 8:34 PM  

P.S I just sent my comment as annonymous accidentally. So, just so you know it was me. lol
bxx

LCM April 7, 2010 at 10:23 PM  

Yay Meaghan, so glad you're back!!!! oh em gee gorgeous bathtime pictures. stunning. love that natural light, i'm so glad you've got tons of it!!!! xx luci

SIGN UP!

Receive exclusive news, updates, camera and business tips
* indicates required

Blog Archive

Search The Journal

About Meaghan Cook Photography Boutique

For more lovliness view The Boutique website

For photo inquiries please contact meaghan@meaghancook.com. 

'Photography makes my eyes prickle, my fingers tingle, and my heart thump in my chest.' - Meaghan

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Distributed by Creative Artworkof Fractal Enlightenment

Back to TOP