Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Interruption to programming

All roads have lead to this path. I'm moving. We're moving. The house is packed with boxes. Our possessions all sit stacked together quietly, waiting until we load them onto the truck and take them to their new home.

And it's is a new home. A freshly baked, straight out of the packet, never been licked, home. Amba and I have spent the past few months building (well, watching builders building) a house. I know, very grown up of me. I also know that I said many many times that I'd rather spend 6 months in the south of France instead of owning a home. But the time was right. I felt like being grown up.



We don't move into the new place for a couple of weeks, but our lease ran out on our shoddy rental. Our less than sympathetic landlords wouldn't let us stay the extra time, so we're heading to an interim home. Our 'holiday home' as we've dubbed it. The holiday home over looks the bay in Portarlington. From the balcony I can see Melbourne twinkling at me in the hazy distance. We are ever so lucky to be given this house to stay in by our friends, and we're actually going to treat it like a holiday. Here's to sipping wine on the balcony, lingering over the crossword in the paper and eating fried meals off white paper on the beach.

While we are there though I'll have very limited internet access. Amba has already predicted that I'm going to complain very loudly about this, and his probably right. So if you happen to email me, you might have to wait a few days until I nick into a McDonalds and borrow their wifi to get a reply.



It also means I won't be tweeting or any of that other guff. It's time I turn off all the noise around me. These three weeks will be spent with the people in front of me, literally.

I'll still be shooting weddings during these weeks, and so will burst back onto my blog in a few weeks with lots of things for show and tell. These photos are of two take-your-breath-away weddings I shot over the weekend. I can't wait to show you more, but it's going to have to wait. I've got packing to do.

I'll miss you all. See in you in just a bit.

Meaghan x

8 comments:

Janet Palmer February 23, 2010 at 11:53 PM  

Congrats on the new house!
Enjoy your 3 week break, with the family, well deserved!!! :)

& I find the Latte's not too bad in McCafe if your desparate ;)

MEAGHAN COOK PHOTOGRAPHY BOUTIQUE February 23, 2010 at 11:56 PM  

I will take that tip on board Janet! x

Turvey family February 24, 2010 at 8:18 AM  

Sounds lovely Meaghan! Enjoy your little holiday...and enjoy your new home!

Thea Coughlin February 24, 2010 at 12:46 PM  

Best of luck in your new home. It sounds so exciting to move into a brand new home-where no one has lived before but you.

Claire February 24, 2010 at 9:52 PM  

*shakes fist at those stoopid LLs*
Enjoy the little break M, and enjoy moving into your brand spankin new home!!! Its gonna be awesome :D
Keeping grubby footprints off those brands new walls might be tricky, but they DO need to be christened you understand.

Katie Toland February 25, 2010 at 2:37 PM  

Good luck Meaghan! Look forward to hearing your updates when you get back online. Wedding pics are awsome - as expected :)

Lauren March 17, 2010 at 2:15 PM  

Congrats on the move!! That top left photo was taken in Echuca? it look familiar haha!

claire March 29, 2010 at 8:23 PM  

Oh come back to your blog already!!! else I will come to your ACTUAL home again xox

SIGN UP!

Receive exclusive news, updates, camera and business tips
* indicates required

Blog Archive

Search The Journal

About Meaghan Cook Photography Boutique

For more lovliness view The Boutique website

For photo inquiries please contact meaghan@meaghancook.com. 

'Photography makes my eyes prickle, my fingers tingle, and my heart thump in my chest.' - Meaghan

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Distributed by Creative Artworkof Fractal Enlightenment

Back to TOP