Monday, April 26, 2010

Wedding - Simone and Tony

Never underestimate the goodness that is a Sunday wedding. Oh how I love them. Cruisy and relaxed, joyous and warm. They have a totally different feel to a traditional Saturday afternoon and into the night wedding.

Simone and Tony chose a Sunday afternoon wedding, and it was simply delightful. They were able to relax with their friends, share a good meal and enjoy each other's company. It also meant that their beautiful children could be part of the celebration, as opposed to needing to be scooped off to bed.

I spoke to some of the lovely guests who mentioned how refreshing Simone and Tony's wedding was, and I couldn't agree more. One really refreshing thing was Simone's smoking hot black dress. The detail in it was intricate and glorious, yet it wasn't show offy. The dress was perfect, just perfect.





Oakdene winery is all kinds of sublime. There was something for me to photograph at every turn.












I really felt welcomed into Simone and Tony's celebration. Their guests chatted to me warmly, their children offered me bites of their cake and Simone smiled at me from across the room.

*



I adore this photo of all of them. We took it about two thirds of the way through the afternoon. The kids had been having a ball, and weren't too keen on haulting their fun for a family photo. I called out over my camera to Simone 'I don't think this is going to work.' She laughed and said 'but this is us!'.





* Meaghan

PS - now this is how you eat the chicken.




Contact Meaghan | Join the FACEBOOK PAGE | Follow on TWITTER

6 comments:

Renee Bell April 26, 2010 at 8:41 PM  

Love the family shot - so fun!! Great location

Nicole April 26, 2010 at 8:49 PM  

Love the entire story you've told, gorgeous images!

LBA April 26, 2010 at 9:01 PM  

So many fab shots - what a great location, and some fabulous memories - love it !

Katie Toland April 26, 2010 at 9:10 PM  

Beautifully captured Meaghan. Looks like a wonderful wedding. I just adore it when a couple drop traditions, and create a day that is perfectly them. It looks like such a fun and whimsical setting too.

Rana April 26, 2010 at 9:16 PM  

Looks like a lovely relaxed wedding Meaghan, love the photos :)

claire bear April 26, 2010 at 10:18 PM  

These are great!!! looks like so much fun :)

SIGN UP!

Receive exclusive news, updates, camera and business tips
* indicates required

Blog Archive

Search The Journal

About Meaghan Cook Photography Boutique

For more lovliness view The Boutique website

For photo inquiries please contact meaghan@meaghancook.com. 

'Photography makes my eyes prickle, my fingers tingle, and my heart thump in my chest.' - Meaghan

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Distributed by Creative Artworkof Fractal Enlightenment

Back to TOP