Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Finding solace

Water is my solace. Whenever I'm sick, I go to water. During both my pregnancies when I was vomiting all day every day for 9 months, I would sit in the shower floor and let the warm water wash over my back. It was the only thing that could soothe me. Being in water was the only thing that made me feel human. Even now when I'm unwell, whether it be a sore throat or emotional fatigue, I go to water.

Miles does the same thing. He has a virus - sore muscles and a gluggy throat, as he described it. He's been using water to soothe himself. Today he requested two baths. Both lasted almost an hour. He lay still, very still, and let the water wash around him.

He closed his eyes and imagined himself well again.







[Photo Details]
f/2
125
iso 640
50mm 1.8

* Meaghan

Contact Meaghan | Join the FACEBOOK PAGE | Follow on TWITTER

9 comments:

Donna Seen August 3, 2010 at 7:20 PM  

Gorgeous photos. How peaceful he looks.

I had severe hyperemesis during my last two pregnancies as well and I didn't think of it in quite the same terms, but I used to wish I could sit in the shower or bath for the entire day as it was the only time I felt any good. I couldn't stand long in the shower as I was too weak, but I'd curl up on the floor and just lay there in the water. So it was just really interesting to read you were the same.

MEAGHAN COOK PHOTOGRAPHY BOUTIQUE August 3, 2010 at 7:30 PM  

I'm sorry to hear you had hyperemesis Donna. I had it too and know how absolutely awful and crippling it is. Water was my safe place!

amanda reelick August 3, 2010 at 7:48 PM  

Oh wow, these are gorgeous. Love the second one down. So peaceful. Hope he's better soon.

Caroline Fogg Mihaja Photography August 3, 2010 at 9:28 PM  

I hope your little one is better soon.

Such raw and real images. Gorgeous.

Sarah Bowen August 4, 2010 at 8:57 AM  

Poor Miles- I must say I too love a good, hot, long bath when I'm not feeling well- it makes me feel peaceful just looking at these photos

kylie August 4, 2010 at 9:15 AM  

Beautiful set of images. He looks so relaxed. Perfectly captured !

kylie August 4, 2010 at 9:17 AM  

I'm noty sure if my comment was posted.

Belinda Cook August 4, 2010 at 9:37 AM  

Beautiful images Mesghan. Water has the same effect on me too.

Jen Stocks August 5, 2010 at 11:26 PM  

Oh poor darling boy. I love a good bath too. I can't believe he stays in that long though. Wow. I hope he feels better soon sweetie.xx

SIGN UP!

Receive exclusive news, updates, camera and business tips
* indicates required

Blog Archive

Search The Journal

About Meaghan Cook Photography Boutique

For more lovliness view The Boutique website

For photo inquiries please contact meaghan@meaghancook.com. 

'Photography makes my eyes prickle, my fingers tingle, and my heart thump in my chest.' - Meaghan

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Distributed by Creative Artworkof Fractal Enlightenment

Back to TOP