Sunday, August 1, 2010

Hello Belinda, Michael and Phoebe

Every time I photograph a new family, I always end up learning something about parenting. I don't specifically ask parenting questions (although I'm always tempted to ask how they all manage to get their children to be so well behaved) but I learn so much by just watching them. Watching the way they interact, how the parent speak to the children, and how they speak to each other.

I learnt a lovely thing while photographing Belinda, Michael and Phoebe. I learnt that children don't have to rule your lives. That they can slip right in, go along for the ride, be a part of the journey. Belinda and Michael are keen to have Phoebe be part of their lives, not dominate it. They live the ideal by taking Phoebe on holidays, out for diner, to visit friends. "She's relaxed like us," Michael said. And that she was.



[Photo details}
1/200
f/2.8
iso 200
80-20mm 2.8





I've gotten to know these guys over the last little while because I photographed Belinda's sister's wedding, and Belinda came along to my first workshop. They laugh a lot. I think that's what I like about them most.








These two have just gotten engaged!







[Photo details]
1/125
f/3.2
iso 200
50mm 1.8





Let's hug it out.



* Meaghan

ps - I've given my website a freshen up. T'was time. Check it out HERE

double ps - I've added the photo details to some of the shots to give some insight into how I achieve my results. I'm going to try to do it for a few photos each post.

Contact Meaghan | Join the FACEBOOK PAGE | Follow on TWITTER

10 comments:

Life at no2 August 2, 2010 at 10:06 AM  

I love love love them all and can't wait to see more!! They really show who we are I think, especially Phoebe! Thanks so much again, we had such a great time!

Belinda Cook August 2, 2010 at 11:21 AM  

Love the images and love their parenting style! Phoebe looks like such a happy, confident little girl. It looks like you have really captured their beautiful relationship, I especially love the ones laying on the grass!

Jenny Goddard August 2, 2010 at 12:56 PM  

Such vibrant and lively images, just beautiful Meaghan.

seona August 2, 2010 at 2:17 PM  

lovely ! so fun and fresh !

seona August 2, 2010 at 2:17 PM  

lovely ! so fun and fresh !

IamMel August 2, 2010 at 2:54 PM  

Love your light and processing on these images! Looks like so much fun!

Belinda August 2, 2010 at 7:45 PM  

Beautiful work as always, Meaghan. Gorgeous interaction and such pretty light.

Anonymous August 2, 2010 at 9:12 PM  

such lovely family photography, love the interactions you have caught
jackie

Narrelle August 2, 2010 at 10:01 PM  

Oh gorgeous! LOVE the blue door in the background - so much fun. They do look like such a fun, happy family - great job of capturing that. x

Jen Stocks August 2, 2010 at 10:11 PM  

These are beautiful. Creative, fresh and fun. Just like you xx

SIGN UP!

Receive exclusive news, updates, camera and business tips
* indicates required

Blog Archive

Search The Journal

About Meaghan Cook Photography Boutique

For more lovliness view The Boutique website

For photo inquiries please contact meaghan@meaghancook.com. 

'Photography makes my eyes prickle, my fingers tingle, and my heart thump in my chest.' - Meaghan

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Distributed by Creative Artworkof Fractal Enlightenment

Back to TOP