Sunday, September 12, 2010

Sweetheart Session - Claire and Stu

Brrrr! Isn't it meant to be spring? When I met Claire and Stu on the Portarlington foreshore we were all clutching our jackets around our bodies and trying to blink through the wind. F-f-f-reezing. I received some beautiful scarlet fingerless gloves for my birthday, and I really should have been wearing them.

We pushed on though, and had a whole heap of fun hanging out on the beach. This was one of those shoots where I almost forget to take photos. The conversation flowed fast, covered a wide range of topics, and made me completely forget that I was actually there to work.

meaghancook01

meaghancook02

meaghancook03

Claire and Stu are magnetic. It warmed me up just being near them. Real, honest love. Heartwarming.

meaghancook04

meaghancook05

meaghancook06

I hadn't been back to Portarlington since we lived there for a few months earlier in the year. Portarlington is safe from the hustle and bustle of some of the other touristy coastal towns in the Geelong area. No wonder Claire and Stu have chosen Port to have their wedding.

meaghancook07

meaghancook08

You've noticed too right? Claire's smile. Ah-mazing.

meaghancook09

meaghancook10

meaghancook11

meaghancook12

I shot this entire session with the Nikon 35mm f/2 lens that I hired from http://www.benshire.com.au/. (Ben's great. If you're wanting to test run a lens I recommend getting in touch with him.) I'm head over heels in love with this lens and am already writing to Santa for one.

meaghancook13

meaghancook14

meaghancook15

Thanks for a stella afternoon Claire and Stu. I can hardly wait for your wedding. I'm so honoured to be there to witness you guys tying the know.

*Meaghan


Did you know I run workshops for photographers?


Contact Meaghan | Join the FACEBOOK PAGE | Follow on TWITTER

8 comments:

Tracy Wallace September 13, 2010 at 8:20 AM  

That lens looks pretty amazing as well as the couple. Really like your processing on the black and white shots. Hope Santa brings you what you're wishing for :)

Louise Treacy Photography September 13, 2010 at 10:31 AM  

Gorgeous natural portraits :)

Kelly September 13, 2010 at 12:48 PM  

Meaghan, the photos speak for themselves, but you commentary just adds that little sparkle to them. I can feel the love and happiness through the screen!

Susan Wall September 13, 2010 at 2:38 PM  

These guys are adorable! I love the angles you get Meaghan!

Hope Santa listens to you, as you rock that lens!

kylie September 13, 2010 at 3:04 PM  

Happiness is oozing from the page. Excellent work !

Anonymous September 13, 2010 at 9:35 PM  

very nice :) You really captured their love Meaghan!

amanda September 16, 2010 at 5:37 AM  

These are beautiful! Beautiful couple beautiful images.

Julian Beattie September 16, 2010 at 1:10 PM  

LOVE that second shot along the bridge - Beautiful. And yep, her smile is perfect!

SIGN UP!

Receive exclusive news, updates, camera and business tips
* indicates required

Blog Archive

Search The Journal

About Meaghan Cook Photography Boutique

For more lovliness view The Boutique website

For photo inquiries please contact meaghan@meaghancook.com. 

'Photography makes my eyes prickle, my fingers tingle, and my heart thump in my chest.' - Meaghan

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Distributed by Creative Artworkof Fractal Enlightenment

Back to TOP