Friday, December 17, 2010

Sweetheart Session - Ashley and Richard [Melbourne, VIC]

Over a cup of tea, I asked something difficult of Ashley and Richard - I asked them to be themselves while I took their photograph. It's no easy feat. I know I'm guilty of over smiling, generally over doing it myself. So I knew I was putting ahead of Ashley and Richard no simple task.

But Ashley and Richard looked relieved when I asked them to be themselves. I'd inadvertently taken the pressure off them, the pressure to be some idea of perfect, and instead allowed them to relax and enjoy spending some time together. They chatted freely, laughed loudly, loved warmly.

meaghancook01

meaghancook02

meaghancook03

meaghancook04

For a fleeting moment, Ashley looked exactly like Rose Byrne.

meaghancook05

meaghancook07

meaghancook06

meaghancook08

meaghancook09

meaghancook10

meaghancook11

meaghancook12

My heart melted when I pressed the shutter on these next two photographs. I asked Ashley and Richard to show me their love, and they really really did.

meaghancook13

meaghancook14

meaghancook17

meaghancook15

I can hardly wait the 29 days until Ashley and Richard's wedding. It's going to be, well, there's no other way to put it - it's going to be beautiful.

meaghancook16

* Meaghan

Join the FACEBOOK PAGE | Follow on TWITTER

7 comments:

Katie K December 18, 2010 at 7:51 AM  

Absolutely beautiful Megan. Love every one.

Charmaine Otto December 18, 2010 at 10:07 AM  

Beautiful and real. So very real. Always love your posts
Char..x

Marieke December 18, 2010 at 6:38 PM  

Oh wow. Very genuine. Especially love the ones where you asked them to show their love.

amanda December 18, 2010 at 10:07 PM  

Oh they are so in love! Absolutely beautiful.

Robyn Geering December 19, 2010 at 10:40 AM  

just totally and utterly love these. They do feel so real.

Photoby Helena January 6, 2011 at 8:53 AM  

love is all of that!

Karen Buckle January 9, 2011 at 10:59 PM  

WOw too gorgeous clever girl!

SIGN UP!

Receive exclusive news, updates, camera and business tips
* indicates required

Blog Archive

Search The Journal

About Meaghan Cook Photography Boutique

For more lovliness view The Boutique website

For photo inquiries please contact meaghan@meaghancook.com. 

'Photography makes my eyes prickle, my fingers tingle, and my heart thump in my chest.' - Meaghan

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Distributed by Creative Artworkof Fractal Enlightenment

Back to TOP