Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Christmas comes early.

I'm wrapping Christmas presents while watching new episodes of Gossip Girl (Christmas is the time for indulgences right?), and I'm starting to get excited about Friday. Yes, Friday, Christmas day. We're faking Christmas a day early in my house because we're heading off on our holiday on Christmas day. What?! Like you wouldn't do it if you had two children who are yet to know what day it is if it meant you go on a tremendous holiday. I've even altered our advent calendar to end a day early. I'm just that sneaky.

(My parents switched my birthday on me one year. We were moving towns on the day of my actual birthday. So we celebrated it the week before. More convenient, apparently. So I just consider my little switcheroo balancing out the world.)

Changing the date doesn't bother me, as the meaning will still the same. Spending time with the family, eating good food, watching the children play with their gifts. Sure, it'll be a day early, but it'll still very much be Christmas.

meaghancook01

Have a splendid Christmas all you lovelies. Make sure you rattle the presents under the tree. After all, we never actually really want to wait until Christmas anyway.

See you next year!

* Meaghan


Join the FACEBOOK PAGE | Follow on TWITTER

5 comments:

Bianca December 22, 2010 at 11:36 PM  

Oh have the most funnest Christmas ever. I hope santa brings those gorgeous boys loads of goodies! P.S Any room for four more? xx

P.S Love the new header!

IamMel December 23, 2010 at 11:33 AM  

Have a very special Christmas gorgeous girl! Love your blog header photo.

Kristen Cook December 23, 2010 at 1:01 PM  

A very merry Christmas to you too beautiful, lovely girl x

Jo Ashworth December 23, 2010 at 1:21 PM  

A very Merry Christmas to you Meaghan, what a great idea, I am sure you will enjoy your sneaky secret even more!
( I agree, love the header too!)

Fran Paysen December 23, 2010 at 4:49 PM  

Have a great Christmas Meaghan!! As always, your words made me smile. :)

SIGN UP!

Receive exclusive news, updates, camera and business tips
* indicates required

Blog Archive

Search The Journal

About Meaghan Cook Photography Boutique

For more lovliness view The Boutique website

For photo inquiries please contact meaghan@meaghancook.com. 

'Photography makes my eyes prickle, my fingers tingle, and my heart thump in my chest.' - Meaghan

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Distributed by Creative Artworkof Fractal Enlightenment

Back to TOP