Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Wedding - Hannah and Ben [Bundalong, VIC]

Hannah was my friend's little sister, who always kinda seemed pretty much the same age as me. I walked past her house every day on my way to school. We used to wear the same maroon checkered school dresses and black t-bar shoes. We both survived our formative years in the same town, then took very different directions away.

Fast forward ten years to an email from Hannah, announcing her engagement. Would I perhaps, maybe, like to photograph my wedding? she asked. Oh Hannah, I would want nothing more.

So introduce the love of her life Ben. Ben with is sharp wit, kind laugh and enough energy to make us all envious. I asked Hannah what was it about Ben that made her fall in love with him. She teared up a little, gave a small laugh. Those actions say it all.

Welcome to their wedding, held on the banks of the Murray River at Hannah's family property in Bundalong. Welcome to the love.

meaghancook-meaghancook-1

meaghancook-meaghancook-2

Hannah and Ben are surrounded by so many good people. Both are fiercely loved by their families and bestowed with the friendship of a mighty group of friends. It was the people that truly made this wedding what it was.

meaghancook-meaghancook-3

meaghancook-meaghancook-4

Congratulations to you both!

Hannah, thank you for giving me the opportunity to reconnect with you and your family. Thank you for reminding me of the impression I left on you way back in school. Thank you for showing me that love is just the thing we need to make everything else seem possible.

* Meaghan


Join the FACEBOOK PAGE | Follow on TWITTER

6 comments:

Andrena May 17, 2011 at 8:13 PM  

Gorgeous work as always Meaghan!!! Stunning wedding dress!!

Stephlee Photography Design Handmade May 17, 2011 at 8:24 PM  

That is the most gorgeous dress I have seen in a long time! simply stunning. Would of been a dream to photograph.
Lovely work Meaghan :)

djbphotography May 18, 2011 at 7:49 PM  

Perfect as always. Your perception is wonderful!

Kristen Cook May 18, 2011 at 8:07 PM  

Gorgeous work Meaghan, I adore your work so much. You have such an eye, beautiful x

susan wall May 19, 2011 at 1:18 PM  

Oh that dress, WOW! And what a stunning wedding all round.
Love the images Meaghan, just great.

MaryP May 20, 2011 at 7:14 PM  

Thank-you Meaghan........such wonderful memories of "the best day ever!!!" We will treasure these photos forever. You were so inconspicuous on the day, but obviously you were everywhere!!!

SIGN UP!

Receive exclusive news, updates, camera and business tips
* indicates required

Blog Archive

Search The Journal

About Meaghan Cook Photography Boutique

For more lovliness view The Boutique website

For photo inquiries please contact meaghan@meaghancook.com. 

'Photography makes my eyes prickle, my fingers tingle, and my heart thump in my chest.' - Meaghan

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Distributed by Creative Artworkof Fractal Enlightenment

Back to TOP