Thursday, March 5, 2009

Photos + Music = Pfwoar!

There's just something about adding a great song to a collection of photos that really makes the shots come to life. It adds a whole other element. It's like all the best scenes in a movie. They are always accompanied by the perfect music. 


But choosing the perfect song is darn hard. Luckily I'm well trained in the art of making mixed tapes (re, I used to make them endlessly, and still dabble from time to time). It's all about picking a song the compliments, not overpowers. A song that has it's own identity and own nuances. A song that you're going to be able to listen to a million times. 

Get it wrong and your photos are ruined. For example, death metal just isn't going to go well over wedding photos. Unless of course the couple are  death metal lovers, then it would be a little ironic. But I digress. 

While you're watching these to slideshows, tune into the music. Listen as it draws you in, gives extra meaning to the photos, and leaves you with that nice aaahhhhhh feeling when the slideshow finishes. 






Ahhhhhh.

1 comments:

Anonymous March 6, 2009 at 12:00 AM  

I was nodding with you. I adore my 'mix tapes'!!! Not as fun these days with ipods! Beautiful slideshows!

SIGN UP!

Receive exclusive news, updates, camera and business tips
* indicates required

Blog Archive

Search The Journal

About Meaghan Cook Photography Boutique

For more lovliness view The Boutique website

For photo inquiries please contact meaghan@meaghancook.com. 

'Photography makes my eyes prickle, my fingers tingle, and my heart thump in my chest.' - Meaghan

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Distributed by Creative Artworkof Fractal Enlightenment

Back to TOP