Thursday, July 16, 2009

Sweetheart Session - Maree and Nathan

I met Maree on a quiet afternoon, in the calm of cosy cafe, over two hot chocolates complete with pink marshmallows. And we talked. And talked. And talked. Maree is the kind of girl who will welcome you in with open arms, and talk to you until the wee small hours of the morning just to make you feel completely at ease.



So naturally, I'm excited to be able to photograph her wedding coming up next month.



Maree, her fiance Nathan and I spent last Sunday trooping around Dookie (about 20kms out of Shepparton, Victoria) finding the perfect places for their wedding photos. Did we find them? Of course we did. But I'm keeping the best spots under my hat until their wedding.





I admire Maree and Nathan. They're wedding will finally bring an end to the distance that's be between them for the past few years, literally. Nathan had to move 3 hours from Maree for work, and they've lived in their cars and on the phone ever since.





Love that survives through that gets me every time. Maybe it's because at the first sign of difficulty I strap on my sneakers and bolt. I admire people who tough it out, who can see that it's all worth it, who know it won't be forever. It takes bravery, commitment, and an insane amount of love. When it's put that way, I guess that's what a marriage is all about.



* Meaghan

3 comments:

Alicia - Savvy Studios July 18, 2009 at 8:36 AM  

Great shoot, fantastic scenery and colour. Maree and Nathan must love these! Beautiful.

Renee Bell July 18, 2009 at 9:26 AM  

gorgeous photos and gorgeous words....
you are such a great storyteller!!

Hannah July 20, 2009 at 9:54 PM  

Love, love, love this shoot! Such brilliant colours. I am desperate to find some fields of flowers in Sydney for shoots.

SIGN UP!

Receive exclusive news, updates, camera and business tips
* indicates required

Blog Archive

Search The Journal

About Meaghan Cook Photography Boutique

For more lovliness view The Boutique website

For photo inquiries please contact meaghan@meaghancook.com. 

'Photography makes my eyes prickle, my fingers tingle, and my heart thump in my chest.' - Meaghan

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Distributed by Creative Artworkof Fractal Enlightenment

Back to TOP