Sunday, July 5, 2009

Sweetheart Session - Whint and Dallas

"We never expected to find love," Whint and Dallas explained to me as we sat under a the canopy of an old tree at Brisbane's New Farm Park. They were telling me their story of how they met.

"We were both looking for something fun and casual, but ..." Whint breaks off into a laugh. "Here we are!" said Dallas with a smile.



I photographed Whint and Dallas last week up in balmy Brisbane, in preparation for their wedding in September. It was a marvel to see their implicit tenderness towards each other.



In their ''spare'' time, these two like to dance. And can they dance! I promptly put my two left feet away.



Whint is also a photographer. It's such a huge honour when another photographer chooses you to photograph their wedding. It's something extra special.



Just adore this one of Dallas. Warm and beatuiful, just like him really.



See, there's that tenderness again.



Whint said she felt nervous about being on the other side of the camera. She was really wonderful though, relaxed and natural and really giving of herself.





Below would have to be one of my favourite shots from the session. I love their eyes, their intensity, the way they look through you. But at the same time the photo feels quite serene to me. Gentle even. I love it when a photo can be more than one thing at one time.



It makes me feel good knowing that even if you're not looking, love will find you. Just like it did for Whint and Dallas.

* Meaghan

6 comments:

Bianca July 5, 2009 at 10:10 PM  

I realised tonight its not always the stories you tell that bring a tear to my eye, its your words, the way in which you write is just so beautiful. This is another example, add to that your stunning images and you are just so good, maaannnn...... lol. I want to be you when I grow up! hahaha....

Renee Bell July 6, 2009 at 8:29 AM  

gorgeous Meaghan, and I agree with Bianca re the way you write things....
Whint you look gorgeous and I am so happy you and Dallas have found love together xx

whint July 6, 2009 at 10:12 AM  

Thankyou Meaghan, they are beautiful.... well except for the ones with me in them... lol... joking!

I really love the B&W one of Dal wiping my hair away from my face... its something he does so lovingly all the time and always makes me feel a warmth in my heart...so I love that you captured that :)

And as for dancing.... we are NOT that good... oh the pressure!! lol

thanks again... love them!

Gemma Higgins-Sears July 6, 2009 at 1:54 PM  

gorgeous!! so good to see a photographer in FRONT of the lens!! you did an amazing job!

Kirsten Alana July 6, 2009 at 2:46 PM  

AWESOME overall! I really adore the second one though!

Jo Ashworth July 6, 2009 at 7:13 PM  

Meaghan, I love reading your blog posts, they always make me feel. not necessarily happy or sad, just feel. You do have such a gift of expression.
Whint - conrgratulations, cant wait to see the wedding pics.

SIGN UP!

Receive exclusive news, updates, camera and business tips
* indicates required

Blog Archive

Search The Journal

About Meaghan Cook Photography Boutique

For more lovliness view The Boutique website

For photo inquiries please contact meaghan@meaghancook.com. 

'Photography makes my eyes prickle, my fingers tingle, and my heart thump in my chest.' - Meaghan

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Distributed by Creative Artworkof Fractal Enlightenment

Back to TOP