Thursday, January 14, 2010

Wedding - Becky and David

Becky fixed her hat in place and looked in the mirror. She lifter her head, pulled her shoulders back and puckered her lips. "I'm ready," she said to her stunning reflection.

And ready she was. Ready to marry David, the man who found her half way around the world while she was studying and thinking of books, not love. But isn't that what happens? Love turns up when you're not looking for it. "I'm ready", she said again as she kissed her mother sweetly and headed towards her awaiting fiance.





They were both as nervous as each other in the moments leading up to seeing each other for the first time on their wedding day. David laughed loudly at my jokes which I knew weren't that funny. Becky adjusted her dress, then adjusted it again.

But it all melted away in an instant.







Becky and Dave's wedding was pure and simple bless. I'd never photographed a Jewish wedding before, so I found it all really enthralling. I loved hearing the Hebrew spoken, seeing their traditions, and of course, eagerly awaiting the glass stomp.







Before the ceremony proper, there as a smaller ceremony held. At one point during the first intimate ceremony Becky and Dave were asked to stand back to back. The members of their family then stood in front of them. Becky and Dave were asked to reflect on all the aspects of their lives that had brought them to that day. Becky's mother wiped away a sliding tear from her cheek as the enormity of the day washed over her.







And the dancing! At least twice I thought David was going to spontaneously combust because he got so hot whilst dancing up a storm. This crew knew how to party. When they lifted Becky and Dave up on their chairs I briefly forgot I was the photographer, and cheered loudly with everyone else.



Not as your wedding photographer, but as your friend, my very best to you both. Becky, get back on that blog. You've got so much to give the world, we will all benefit from reading what you write. David, keep framing the world for the perfect shot.

* Meaghan

PS - I wouldn't mind at all if you left England for Australia. Then I could raid your bookcase and CD collection!

7 comments:

Sharon Mallin January 15, 2010 at 8:00 PM  

Meaghan - these are stunning. You have captured some beautiful emotion in these images. They couple will be stoked! I love the bride's dress - it really suits her.

Janet Palmer January 15, 2010 at 11:18 PM  

Love love the dress, the headpiece, Bride looks stunning! that colour is awesome! I can only imagine how much fun they had, love the smiles in the last photo :)

Susan Wall January 15, 2010 at 11:44 PM  

Wow, wow WOW!! They are such a adorable couple. I love the brides outfit, just stunning!
Looks like a very loved filled wedding, fantastic captured.

Gemma Troy January 16, 2010 at 9:06 AM  

wow, stunning!! a beautiful wedding.

Meg January 17, 2010 at 8:56 AM  

You really captured the spirit of the day. There are some truly magical photos there. I especially like the pic of Becky's mum tenderly wiping her daughter's face, and I LOVE the very last two shots.

L'chaim!

Adam for all Seasons January 26, 2010 at 7:41 AM  

It was a Beautiful Day and this pics are wonderful. I love the pine cone one. If i could caption it, it would read for both Becky and David as 'Is this all you got me?!'

Unknown February 4, 2010 at 10:22 PM  

Wow - I love the photos and the blog makes me feel even worse for not being there!! Just gorgeous

SIGN UP!

Receive exclusive news, updates, camera and business tips
* indicates required

Blog Archive

Search The Journal

About Meaghan Cook Photography Boutique

For more lovliness view The Boutique website

For photo inquiries please contact meaghan@meaghancook.com. 

'Photography makes my eyes prickle, my fingers tingle, and my heart thump in my chest.' - Meaghan

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Distributed by Creative Artworkof Fractal Enlightenment

Back to TOP