Thursday, April 29, 2010

Sweetheart session - Jo and Ben

I've never been a horse girl. You know the girls at primary school who wore their hair in a long braid down their back, would have stickers of horses on their school books, and would talk about 'Winnie' or 'Storm' or 'Freckle' endlessly. I was never one of those girls. I was too busy playing netball and reading books, sometimes at the same time.

The repercussions of that are that I have no 'horse sense'. None. Nudda. I can't read them. I don't know if they're going to lick me or bite me. Because of this I get a little bit jittery around horses. Their sheer size overwhelms me and I feel like I'm going to get sucked into those nostrils.

When Jo let her horse Murphy off the lead and he started walking towards me I pretended to be totally cool but on the inside I was going ohmygod ohmygod ohmygod repeat x 100.







But what an incredible creature. I loved photographing him. I can see why people call horses majestic.

Enough about Murphy the horse. On to Jo and Ben. The awesome Jo and Ben. I met them over a year ago when I had first moved to Ocean Grove. They were the first couple from the area that I met with. I drove to their house a bundle of nerves, thinking that it was make or break for me. For some reason I equated my success at that meeting with the overall succcess of my wedding photography business in Geelong. So lucky for me that the meeting with Ben and Jo was wonderful, we all hit it off instantly, and now their wedding is this Saturday.









For their sweetheart session we went to the most AUH-mazing property. It belongs to Jo's aunty, and sits high on a hill and overlooks Swan bay. And Queenscliff. And Point Lonsdale. And Port Phillip Bay. And all the way across to Sorento. Murphy the horse is lucky enough to live their, and gets to take in that incredible view every day.



When Jo and Ben pulled up they apologies because their dogs had come along too. 'They go everywhere we go," they explained. They needn't have apologies because it was brilliant to be able to photograph them too.







These two photos are especially for Jo. For gorgeous Jo.



See you both on Saturday. Im busting out of my skin with excitement.

* Meaghan

Contact Meaghan | Join the FACEBOOK PAGE | Follow on TWITTER

6 comments:

amanda reelick April 30, 2010 at 5:10 AM  

what a gorgeous couple. Can't wait to see their wedding pics!

Anonymous April 30, 2010 at 11:45 AM  

I love it when people include their animals in their photoshoots! They are such a huge part of peoples lives it seems right and proper to have them in the photos. This couple looks so happy....you will get some gorgeous shots from their big day!

Sheila Higgins April 30, 2010 at 1:45 PM  

what a totally fun and awesome session.
you captured them and their life so well. love it!

Lisa Barnes April 30, 2010 at 2:12 PM  

These are fabulous Meaghan! I just love the one of the horses ears. I am such a horse nut, and these are really refreshing.

Jo Ashworth April 30, 2010 at 10:38 PM  

beautiful Meaghan, what a lovely couple and yep, love the animals too

Leon Steber May 5, 2010 at 1:36 AM  

Lovely set of images - really like the idea of including the pets!

SIGN UP!

Receive exclusive news, updates, camera and business tips
* indicates required

Blog Archive

Search The Journal

About Meaghan Cook Photography Boutique

For more lovliness view The Boutique website

For photo inquiries please contact meaghan@meaghancook.com. 

'Photography makes my eyes prickle, my fingers tingle, and my heart thump in my chest.' - Meaghan

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Distributed by Creative Artworkof Fractal Enlightenment

Back to TOP