Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Wedding - Jackie and Shane

As I sat on the plane on the way over to Tasmania, I chatted to a woman who was getting married the following week. She had a gorgeous baby in her arms who pulled on the tips of her hair while she chatted to me. She had that glow that I recognise in all bride's to be. It's excitement, nerves and love all rolled into one. As we talked our way over Bass Straight I realised I was so lucky to get to be with bride's in the lead up to their weddings. It is such a unique and precious time, one to be enjoyed and savoured as the wedding day approaches.

The first time I saw Jackie on her wedding day she had the glow. I could see the nerves, hear the excitement, and there was no missing the love.





Jackie and Shane flew me over to Four Mile Creek, Tasmania for their wedding. Driving there felt like driving through the hills in the Nescafe adds, yep, the ones with the panpipes. Rollling deep green hills and floating mist. The actual wedding was at the epic White Sands resort and I was looked after by the gorgeous Amy. The landscape, the people, the wedding, all sensational.













Jackie and Shane did this all through their wedding. They captured it themselves. It made me smile every time I saw them hoist the camera in the air and say 'cheese'.



It didn't take me long to get to know Jackie and Shane, and that's largely due to their open relaxed personalities. They welcomed me in, shared more than one laugh with me, and had the time of their lives on their wedding day.



















Jackie and Shane did the most epic wedding dance. It started out as a normal, swaying to the music kind of wedding dance and ended as something completely different. The photos tell the story.





View Jackie and Shane's slideshow HERE.

* Meaghan



Contact Meaghan | Join the FACEBOOK PAGE | Follow on TWITTER

7 comments:

Kelly Trow April 28, 2010 at 10:47 PM  

Beautiful, Meaghan! I love the way you blog, so simple yet the whole story is all there. Love your work x

Lyn Walkerden April 28, 2010 at 11:38 PM  

Beautiful setting and stunning images Meaghan! Love the dog sitting on the wedding dress train!!
Congrats on your nomination too!! xox

Christine Pobke April 29, 2010 at 3:08 AM  

oh meaghan... i so love this! you have such a way of capturing beauty so naturally! love it! :)

Dannii April 29, 2010 at 8:22 AM  

Oh that looks like it was such a fun wedding! Beautiful work!
Congrats on the nomination too!

claire April 29, 2010 at 10:25 PM  

They look great!!
Love the dog on the wedding dress too.

Lisa Barnes April 30, 2010 at 2:13 PM  

Beautiful Meaghan. Stunning.

Karen Buckle May 3, 2010 at 7:51 AM  

Wow - great shots meaghan! - that location looks to die for! Looks like everyone had such a fun time at this wedding - great work!

SIGN UP!

Receive exclusive news, updates, camera and business tips
* indicates required

Blog Archive

Search The Journal

About Meaghan Cook Photography Boutique

For more lovliness view The Boutique website

For photo inquiries please contact meaghan@meaghancook.com. 

'Photography makes my eyes prickle, my fingers tingle, and my heart thump in my chest.' - Meaghan

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Distributed by Creative Artworkof Fractal Enlightenment

Back to TOP