Monday, April 19, 2010

Wedding - Kate and Carey

I was standing in my kitchen on the morning of Kate and Carey's wedding, eating a peice of honeyed toast. Some of the honey had just dripped onto my bare foot when a booming crack of thunder ripped across the sky. I rushed to the window and peered out. Coming across the bay was a black ominous storm.

It was that storm that left cars shattered by hail, knocked down trees and pulled off roofs. When I dashed into Kate's house, trying to keep as dry as possible, I was met by a gaggle of smiling girls. 'Not much I can do about it now,' called Kate, yelling over the music they had playing.











Miraculously, just before the ceremony, the rain stopped. The clouds made themselves scarce. The weather cleared and the wedding could go ahead outside. Staff at Clyde Park wiped the chairs free of water, guests took a seat and ceremony commenced with smiles all round.









This was a tough day to be a wedding photographer. I had a knot in my stomach all day. Rain can cause havoc, mainly because it can set everyone on edge with worry. But Kate and Carey carried themselves through tremendously. And for one groomsmen, all the excitement didn't have too much effect.





Love this shot of the boys. Carey was in fine form all day.





The one thing that will stay with me from Kate and Carey's wedding is how much fun everyone had. The rain and mud was turned into a laughing matter. No dampening of these spirits!

You can view Kate and Carey's slideshow (to one of my favourite songs of all time ) HERE

* Meaghan

Contact Meaghan | Join the FACEBOOK PAGE | Follow on TWITTER

6 comments:

Renee Bell April 19, 2010 at 11:35 PM  

Gorgeous!!!!
LOL at the groomsman yawning - he wont live that down now!!
Fantastic work as per usual

sarah black April 20, 2010 at 7:24 AM  

Beautiful photos despite the weather. Looks like a perfect day.

Narrelle April 20, 2010 at 9:04 AM  

Gorgeous, Meaghan. What a fun and beautiful couple. That must have been the best feeling to watch the clouds clear. But yay for them going with the flow - what a great way to start their lives together.

Peta April 20, 2010 at 9:36 AM  

Such beautiful and happy shots!

gemma Higgins-Sears April 20, 2010 at 3:56 PM  

gorgeous images for a dicey weather day!!! such a happy day.. !

gemma Higgins-Sears April 20, 2010 at 3:56 PM  

gorgeous images for a dicey weather day!!! such a happy day.. !

SIGN UP!

Receive exclusive news, updates, camera and business tips
* indicates required

Blog Archive

Search The Journal

About Meaghan Cook Photography Boutique

For more lovliness view The Boutique website

For photo inquiries please contact meaghan@meaghancook.com. 

'Photography makes my eyes prickle, my fingers tingle, and my heart thump in my chest.' - Meaghan

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Distributed by Creative Artworkof Fractal Enlightenment

Back to TOP