Monday, September 27, 2010

ROCK WHAT YOU'VE GOT photography business workshop

I needn't have worried. I stressed, and lay awake at night, for nothing.

"Empowering" - Andreana

meaghancook01

My first ever ROCK WHAT YOU'VE GOT photography workshop was on Sunday, and the day went off without a hitch. The television didn't fall off the table, my presentation worked, there was enough food for everyone, and I remember to speak slowly to people could understand me (well, most of the time).

"Helpful, insightful, inspiring" - Glenn Hair

meaghancook06


I couldn't have asked for a more perfect group of people to share my first workshop with. They were beyond awesome, and really helped me to relax and enjoy the day with them. It felt like a conversation, which is exactly what I wanted it to be.

"I am much more confident and inspired to start now" - Sherriden Harding

meaghancook03

This is my 'when all else fails shut your eyes and hide' look.

meaghancook04

'Meaghan, you are a bundle of energy and information. Thank you' - Sara Taylor


Look! People smiling! I was excited when I saw this shot because it's evidence that for at least a millisecond I was somewhat entertaining.

meaghancook02

The workshop was totally a group effort, and I couldn't have done it with out:
*Lyndel at The Loft where the workshop was held. All that glorious light, and the opportunity to do some creative dance if we so desired.
*Carol at Noble Foods. We were totally spoilt.
*MJ from Something Special. Her cupcakes really do rock the house.
*The team at Press Here for all their help putting my books together, and not rolling their eyes when I asked silly questions.
*Sarah Bowen for helping me set up and keep the day running smoothly. And putting the kettle on.
*Lauren Bent for these great photos from the day.
*Amba for looking after the children all day so I could spend the day talking.
*Miles and Ryan for putting in a brief, but extremely cute, appearance.

meaghancook05

I'm really looking forward to seeing where all these wonderful people take their photography careers. They are all bursting with talent and enthusiasm, and I have absolutely no doubt that they will go on to do some pretty amazing things.

I'm 100% humbled by the response, and exhilarated from the day.

And because it seems the workshop wasn't so bad after all, I'll be announcing more this week. Sound like a plan?
Sign up to the newsletter at the bottom of my blog and facebook for the dates to appear later in the week. I'll also pop them here too.

* Meaghan

Contact Meaghan | Join the FACEBOOK PAGE | Follow on TWITTER

10 comments:

Tracy September 28, 2010 at 4:39 PM  

Yay. See, you were stressed for no reason. Lovin your haircut too :)

Life at no2 September 28, 2010 at 4:56 PM  

From all reports (well one anyway) your first business workshop went off with like a hit! Well done (although everyone else knew you'd be great!). Now I'm even MORE disappointed I wasn't there!
P.S
*Who is the cute lil girl in the booklet eating all the smarties?(proud mumma here).
*Love the new do!
*Everyone does look like they had a great day of laughs and learning.

Georgia W September 28, 2010 at 6:15 PM  

Meaghan, you are amazing, looks like a kick-arse day! I find workshop facilitation is addictive, I love it - hope you are suitably addicted too. x

Unknown September 28, 2010 at 7:46 PM  

yay i feel famous my photos are here! and you should feel good about the smilling people because i had heaps of evidence that you were entertaining! fantastic to hear your doing more x x

Robyn Geering September 28, 2010 at 10:34 PM  

looks like fun to be had by all. Congrats on you first successful workshop - may there be many more to come.

Kim Selby September 28, 2010 at 10:48 PM  

Congrats Meaghan!! It sounds as if you did a fabulous job. So excited and happy for you.

Kristen Cook September 29, 2010 at 12:27 AM  

See, one done, the rest will all flow so easily from here. Well done to you!! (Loving that hair on you Meaghan)

Cathy Crawley September 29, 2010 at 8:38 AM  

Congratulations! Sounds like it was a raging success :)

Sarah Bowen September 29, 2010 at 7:02 PM  

Loved every minute- learnt so much! And well done to Lauren for managing to get a group shot where we were all looking and smiling!

Adrian Tuazon-McCheyne October 4, 2010 at 8:11 PM  

Congrats! Jealous. I want to run my own workshop too... one day.

SIGN UP!

Receive exclusive news, updates, camera and business tips
* indicates required

Blog Archive

Search The Journal

About Meaghan Cook Photography Boutique

For more lovliness view The Boutique website

For photo inquiries please contact meaghan@meaghancook.com. 

'Photography makes my eyes prickle, my fingers tingle, and my heart thump in my chest.' - Meaghan

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Distributed by Creative Artworkof Fractal Enlightenment

Back to TOP