Thursday, May 7, 2009

A dramatic arrival

Tahlia's arrival wasn't without a little drama. Just to make things interesting.

Her dad Kane was restricted to the corner of the birthing suite with a rousing case of gastro. He had to offer support and encouragement from a safe distance so as not to get anyone sick. Sheree wasn't alone though. Her mum was there to hold her hand, wipe her forehead, and say all the right things whenever needed.

But the bug hadn't passed by the time she was ready to go home from the hospital because her brother Jake had it too. More vomiting than one household with a new baby needs to deal with. So mum and bub went off to Sheree's mum's house till the illness had passed.

Hello Tahlia. Welcome home. Finally. Yes, you are as cute as a button.



The gastro has gone now thank goodness. But I can't say the family is quite in good health. When I arrived I was greated by Jake and his plaster cast. He broke his arm that week, and now Sheree had a newborn and a broken toddler on her hands.





But none of this seemed to be fazing any of them. Sheree's always been a take it in her stride kind of girl. How would I know? Because she's my cousin. We used to make up dances to Belinda Carlisle together when we were younger. And yes, we were awesome.

Are you poking your tongue out at me little miss?



Taking it all in. Tahlia was six weeks, but so alert and inquisitive. She chatted up a storm. Put me to shame, and I talk a lot.



Who looks that hot six weeks after giving birth? Sheree does, that's who. "I look pretty feral today", she said. Pish posh!



And I've just got to add that Sheree, Tahlia and I are all lucky enough to have Elise as a middle name. That's a tie that binds, and is incredibly special to me.




With all the smiles and talking Tahlia was doing for me, I'm sure she's going to be a very willing model for me for years to
come.

Press play to view Tahlia's slideshow.



*Meaghan

8 comments:

Anonymous May 7, 2009 at 11:20 PM  

Yep, cute as a button! Man, how cute will she be as a toddler?? *sigh*

Lara May 8, 2009 at 11:18 AM  

I like the last one of Tahlia with her mum - she looks like she's really checking you out, assessing what you're doing and giving you an all knowing look. At six weeks it's pretty intense!

Also we must talk soon, they whole crew is leaving Victoria.... ahhh.

Alicia @ Savvy May 8, 2009 at 3:50 PM  

Lovely shots Meaghan. Gorgeous little baby and a very relaxed looking mum. :D

Kelly Trow May 8, 2009 at 4:22 PM  

Aww how precious is she?? Beautiful images Meaghan :)

Karen Villiers May 8, 2009 at 7:36 PM  

Oh my she is adorable.. gorgeous baby.. Very special beautiful images..

Angie baxter May 9, 2009 at 7:47 AM  

These are really sweet!

kim selby May 9, 2009 at 9:16 PM  

Gorgeous shots Meaghen. What a beautiful little baby.

Lyn Walkerden May 11, 2009 at 7:14 AM  

She does look like a very "knowing" 6 week old. Gorgeous photos!

SIGN UP!

Receive exclusive news, updates, camera and business tips
* indicates required

Blog Archive

Search The Journal

About Meaghan Cook Photography Boutique

For more lovliness view The Boutique website

For photo inquiries please contact meaghan@meaghancook.com. 

'Photography makes my eyes prickle, my fingers tingle, and my heart thump in my chest.' - Meaghan

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Distributed by Creative Artworkof Fractal Enlightenment

Back to TOP