Monday, October 26, 2009

Sweetheart Session - Robyn and Grant

Robyn and Grant's session was a long time coming. They were the couple I had to cancel on when I had my mysterious freaky eye. (Which, by the way, turned out to be a glass fibre or something similar stuck in my eye. And when I say stuck, I mean stuck like a pin in a pin cushion stuck. No wonder it felt like I was blinking razor blades. I kinda was.)

We met on a Sunday afternoon in the Carlton gardens, which is the perfect time to visit the Carlton Gardens. Perhaps it's the time they were designed to be visited. There were raucous games of soccer going on, parents chasing toddlers around with that look of bemusement mixed with exhaustion on their faces, BMXers making videos of themselves as they scale the various bollards and seats around the place. Business as usual, pretty much.

Robyn and Grant are simply awesome.





Their wedding is next month, and I'm so excited for it. It's going to include the beach and an old steam train. What's there not to be excited about.



Yep, that's Robyn skipping. Who said skipping has to stay in the schoolyard?





Grant, you crack me up.



The Melbourne Museum is such a great building. No two sections are the same. It's all this way and that.





Robyn is a midwife, and she said it's busy at her work at the moment. Something to do with it being nine months after new years eve. Grant is currently working on his PHD. He has to hand it in the week before his wedding. All 80,00 thousand words of it. He said that it's good being so close to finishing it, but that he gave up sleep months ago.





My favourite shot. Oh yeah!



Mixing it with the locals.





And there's that perfectly placed fountain. I'm sure they put it there just for photographers like me. I'm sure of it.



Roby and Grant, I'll see you in a month!



* Meaghan

7 comments:

Janet October 26, 2009 at 10:27 AM  

What a gorgeous session, love that your almost spying on them ;) .. Esp the park bench shots... awesome

Lynn October 26, 2009 at 10:39 AM  

ooooh what kind of steam train????

jackie October 26, 2009 at 11:29 AM  

fantastic session, love the location and variation of images.

cazz October 26, 2009 at 11:36 AM  

LOVE this session...fabulous relaxed and candid shots.
Well done!

Eileen October 26, 2009 at 11:47 AM  

What an awesome session Meaghen. It looks like an awesome location.. It totally works with this couple, they look so fun.. Great job! :)

Naomi October 26, 2009 at 1:23 PM  

Awesome work as always. You always bring such creativity to your shoots. Very inspiring.

Natasja October 28, 2009 at 10:42 PM  

gorgeous location, what a fun shoot. LOVELY xxxx

SIGN UP!

Receive exclusive news, updates, camera and business tips
* indicates required

Blog Archive

Search The Journal

About Meaghan Cook Photography Boutique

For more lovliness view The Boutique website

For photo inquiries please contact meaghan@meaghancook.com. 

'Photography makes my eyes prickle, my fingers tingle, and my heart thump in my chest.' - Meaghan

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Distributed by Creative Artworkof Fractal Enlightenment

Back to TOP