Monday, October 19, 2009

Who throws a shoe?

Seriously, who throws a shoe?



I went on a quick jaunt to Melbourne on the weekend for a sweetheart session (photos to come, can't wait!). I was walking on Drummond St near the Melbourne Museum when I saw this cacophony of shoes hanging from the power lines. There was a bunch of teenagers underneath vocally lamenting the fact that there was a brand new pair of Nike's hanging up there. I'll spare you their actual words, but you get the idea.

* Meaghan

What I'm listening to: The Sunset Tree by The Mountain Goats
What I'm reading: Julia and Julia by Julie Powell (the cover is the most wonderful green I've ever met.)

5 comments:

Sarah Gibson October 19, 2009 at 9:50 AM  

I've actually been told that when there are shoes hanging over power lines there are drugs for sale in the area..so I've been told

MEAGHAN COOK PHOTOGRAPHY BOUTIQUE October 19, 2009 at 12:52 PM  

There was A LOT of shoes up there. I counted at least 8 pairs. So does that mean there's a lot of sneaky business going on, or just a lot of bored people who like to challenge themselves by trying to throw their shoes over the power line?

Polka Dot Bride October 20, 2009 at 2:24 PM  

Ha I had heard the same as Sarah but didn't want to say it! I suppose there might be a lot of sneaky business after dark?

Renee Bell October 20, 2009 at 3:18 PM  

who's shoes are they though?? Do they throw their own up, or pinch them off others and use those ones... I mean, shoes arent cheap nowdays...

MEAGHAN COOK PHOTOGRAPHY BOUTIQUE October 20, 2009 at 7:24 PM  

There's so much conjecture about why shoes end up on power lines. There's even a Wikipedia entry about all the theories. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shoe_tossing
I'm suspicious of these ones because a lot of them were brand spanking new Nikes. A clever marketing move?

SIGN UP!

Receive exclusive news, updates, camera and business tips
* indicates required

Blog Archive

Search The Journal

About Meaghan Cook Photography Boutique

For more lovliness view The Boutique website

For photo inquiries please contact meaghan@meaghancook.com. 

'Photography makes my eyes prickle, my fingers tingle, and my heart thump in my chest.' - Meaghan

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Distributed by Creative Artworkof Fractal Enlightenment

Back to TOP